Mission and vision
EDHFThe EDHF Mission
The promotion of oral health and the prevention of oral disease across Europe through our united European Dental Hygienist Association members. The EDHF provides a platform for the exchange and collaboration between national dental hygienist associations and cooperates with other European associations of oral health professionals.
The EDHF Vision
Recognition of the dental hygienist’s role in oral health care and the prevention of oral diseases by fostering access to high quality preventive oral health care as part of general health care.
The EDHF intend to
- Strengthen the dental hygienist profession by working towards recognition of the profession in all European countries
- Collaborate on education of the dental hygienist, at training and continuous professional development levels
- Establish a dental hygienist Common Education Framework (CEF) recognised across Europe.
- Support each other in professional development, scientifically, in the labour market, at universities and amongst health care professionals
- Collaborate with other organisations in order to strengthen oral health in society
Funding and Sponsorship
The EDHF’s core activity is financed exclusively from membership fees paid by the Federation member associatons.
The Federation is supported by partners.
Oral-B, Pierre Fabre Oral Care, Dentaid, TePe, Dentsply and Colgate